Woman arrested for allegedly pointing gun at Puna school | News
PUNA, HAWAII (HawaiiNewsNow)- A Puna woman is in police custody in connection with an incident involving a report of a gun near an elementary school in the Hawaiian Beaches subdivision.
Puna patrol officers responded to a 7:18 a.m. report Thursday, August 29, that a woman at a residence near Keoneopoko Elementary School was brandishing a firearm and pointing it in the direction of the school.
The school went on lockdown as a precaution. No one was injured in the incident.
Police arrested the suspect, 49-year-old Lokelani Lenore Harbrecht-Kalua on suspicion of first-degree terroristic threatening. She was taken to the Hilo police cellblock while detectives from the Area I Criminal Investigations Section continue the investigation.
The school lifted the lockdown after the arrest.
Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease