Woman arrested for allegedly pointing gun at Puna school | News
PUNA, HAWAII (HawaiiNewsNow)- A Puna woman is in police custody in connection with an incident involving a report of a gun near an elementary school in the Hawaiian Beaches subdivision.
Puna patrol officers responded to a 7:18 a.m. report Thursday, August 29, that a woman at a residence near Keoneopoko Elementary School was brandishing a firearm and pointing it in the direction of the school.
The school went on lockdown as a precaution. No one was injured in the incident.
Police arrested the suspect, 49-year-old Lokelani Lenore Harbrecht-Kalua on suspicion of first-degree terroristic threatening. She was taken to the Hilo police cellblock while detectives from the Area I Criminal Investigations Section continue the investigation.
The school lifted the lockdown after the arrest.
Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia