HSLEOA Officer of the Year: Ryan Domingo | News
The following information was provided by Hawaii Police Department:
Officer Ryan Domingo has been named Hawaiʻi Police Department’s “Officer of the Year” by the Hawai’i State Law Enforcement Officials Association (HSLEOA).
Domingo was honored for administering life-saving first aid to a victim of gunshot wounds. On May 13, police responded to a disturbance involving gunshots in Hilo. At the scene, officers quickly identified and arrested a suspect, and Domingo found a 55-year-old woman lying on the kitchen floor in a pool of blood. He immediately applied pressure to her wounds to control the bleeding.
The victim believed she was going to die. For more than 20 minutes, Domingo reassured her and kept her focuses and calm. His comfort and compassion were critical in saving her life.
Domingo also obtained important evidence by recording his conversation with the woman.
The suspect was charged with attempted first-degree murder, burglary and two counts of attempted second-degree murder.
The victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds to her left shoulder, right hand, left knee and right thigh. She is expected to make a full recovery after months of rehabilitation.
The award was presented at a banquet at the Sheraton Waikiki Resort on September 21.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014