HSLEOA Officer of the Year: Ryan Domingo | News
The following information was provided by Hawaii Police Department:
Officer Ryan Domingo has been named Hawaiʻi Police Department’s “Officer of the Year” by the Hawai’i State Law Enforcement Officials Association (HSLEOA).
Domingo was honored for administering life-saving first aid to a victim of gunshot wounds. On May 13, police responded to a disturbance involving gunshots in Hilo. At the scene, officers quickly identified and arrested a suspect, and Domingo found a 55-year-old woman lying on the kitchen floor in a pool of blood. He immediately applied pressure to her wounds to control the bleeding.
The victim believed she was going to die. For more than 20 minutes, Domingo reassured her and kept her focuses and calm. His comfort and compassion were critical in saving her life.
Domingo also obtained important evidence by recording his conversation with the woman.
The suspect was charged with attempted first-degree murder, burglary and two counts of attempted second-degree murder.
The victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds to her left shoulder, right hand, left knee and right thigh. She is expected to make a full recovery after months of rehabilitation.
The award was presented at a banquet at the Sheraton Waikiki Resort on September 21.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Mall’s Marsha Nadalin Salon + Spa celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia