Kilauea lava flowing, earthquake swarms over for now | Environment
A photo from the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory on the Big Island shows the thermal image of lava flows coming down the Pali through the Royal Gardens subdivision area.
Over the weekend, scientists say the swarm of earthquakes that occurred last week are over for now.
It started early Wednesday morning and lasted through Saturday.
Officials say the will continue to monitor activity. So far, that series of earthquakes have not affected eruptions on the Big Island.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event
- Republic of Korea Government Will Donate $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries