Kilauea lava flowing, earthquake swarms over for now | Environment
A photo from the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory on the Big Island shows the thermal image of lava flows coming down the Pali through the Royal Gardens subdivision area.
Over the weekend, scientists say the swarm of earthquakes that occurred last week are over for now.
It started early Wednesday morning and lasted through Saturday.
Officials say the will continue to monitor activity. So far, that series of earthquakes have not affected eruptions on the Big Island.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teen claims to have stowed away on Hawaiian Airlines flight from California
- 16-year-old survives flight from San Jose to Maui stowed away in landing gear
- Arrest made in fatal Maui hit-and-run
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Classes and Resources to Maui Community
- Committee discussion focuses on Maui water system