Kilauea lava flowing, earthquake swarms over for now | Environment
A photo from the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory on the Big Island shows the thermal image of lava flows coming down the Pali through the Royal Gardens subdivision area.
Over the weekend, scientists say the swarm of earthquakes that occurred last week are over for now.
It started early Wednesday morning and lasted through Saturday.
Officials say the will continue to monitor activity. So far, that series of earthquakes have not affected eruptions on the Big Island.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease