Kilauea lava flowing, earthquake swarms over for now | Environment
A photo from the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory on the Big Island shows the thermal image of lava flows coming down the Pali through the Royal Gardens subdivision area.
Over the weekend, scientists say the swarm of earthquakes that occurred last week are over for now.
It started early Wednesday morning and lasted through Saturday.
Officials say the will continue to monitor activity. So far, that series of earthquakes have not affected eruptions on the Big Island.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014