Drug Take-Back Initiative | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the Hawaii Police Department:
The Hawaiʻi Police Department is encouraging the public to participate in a nationwide prescription drug take-back initiative being sponsored by the Drug Enforcement Administration, the state Department of the Attorney General, the Department of Public Safety and community partners.
On Saturday, April 28, members of the public can turn in unused, unneeded or expired prescription medications between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the following collection sites for safe, anonymous disposal:
Army Aviation Support Facility
(adjacent to Civil Air Patrol)
1095 Kekūanāoʻa St.
Kealakehe police station parking lot
74-611 Hale Makaʻi Place
Tablets, capsules and all other solid dosage forms will be accepted. Intravenous solutions, injectables and syringes will not be accepted. The drugs will be incinerated according to federal and state environmental guidelines.
Illicit substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not a part of this initiative.
Having unused and expired medicine in your home increases the risk of prescription drug abuse and accidental poisoning. Proper disposal also helps reduce the risk of prescription drugs entering a human water supply or potentially harming aquatic life.
For more information about the drug take-back program, visit www.justice.gov/dea.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia