Drug Take-Back Initiative | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the Hawaii Police Department:
The Hawaiʻi Police Department is encouraging the public to participate in a nationwide prescription drug take-back initiative being sponsored by the Drug Enforcement Administration, the state Department of the Attorney General, the Department of Public Safety and community partners.
On Saturday, April 28, members of the public can turn in unused, unneeded or expired prescription medications between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the following collection sites for safe, anonymous disposal:
Army Aviation Support Facility
(adjacent to Civil Air Patrol)
1095 Kekūanāoʻa St.
Kealakehe police station parking lot
74-611 Hale Makaʻi Place
Tablets, capsules and all other solid dosage forms will be accepted. Intravenous solutions, injectables and syringes will not be accepted. The drugs will be incinerated according to federal and state environmental guidelines.
Illicit substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not a part of this initiative.
Having unused and expired medicine in your home increases the risk of prescription drug abuse and accidental poisoning. Proper disposal also helps reduce the risk of prescription drugs entering a human water supply or potentially harming aquatic life.
For more information about the drug take-back program, visit www.justice.gov/dea.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6