New McDonald's Opens In Kona | Business
Information provided by: Communications Pacific
McDONALD’S OF KONA COMMONS CELEBRATES GRAND OPENINGPublic invited to free light bulb exchange, special appearance by Ronald McDonald
WHAT: McDonald’s of Kona Commons grand opening celebration
WHEN: Saturday, March 24, 2012
7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: McDonald’s of Kona Commons
74-5453 Makala Blvd.
DETAILS: McDonald’s of Kona Commons is having a grand opening event to celebrate the opening of McDonald’s newest restaurant in Hawaii. The public is invited to attend, and the festivities will include a blessing ceremony, food sampling and prize giveaways with LAVA 105.3 FM, as well as entertainment by Roy Galigo, Kevin Haleamau and Kealakehe Intermediate School’s Ukulele and Choir Ensemble. Ronald McDonald will put on a special show for the keiki at 12:00 p.m.
The McDonald’s of Kona Commons is considered the most energy-efficient McDonald’s restaurant in the state. Its energy-efficient features include the use of LED lights, Energy Star freezers and icemakers, and high-efficiency warming cabinets and cooking equipment, low-consumption walk-in refrigerator, self-regulating air conditioning system and cool roof technology. As part of its grand opening celebration, McDonald’s of Hawaii is encouraging residents to bring three or more incandescent light bulbs to the event between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. in exchange for free, energy-saving compact fluorescent bulbs. The one-for-one bulb exchange – while supplies last – is part of the Hawaii Energy-funded Blue Planet Foundation “Big Island Bulb Blitz.”
McDonald’s Restaurants of Hawaii has 85 restaurants and more than 5,200 employees in Hawaii, Guam and Saipan. In Hawaii alone, the company has 75 restaurants and more than 4,600 employees. McDonald’s total economic impact on the state, directly and indirectly, is about $285 million in spending and nearly 12,000 jobs in the community. McDonald’s prides itself on offering career opportunities to employees, with most managers staying with the company for more than 18 years.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia
- DCK Pacific Construction celebrates 75 years of doing business in Hawaii